Sunday, March 7, 2010

Los Angeles - Taiko

I was happy that C introduced me to Taiko on this trip.  I tend to have a craving for Asian food, and Japanese always hits the spot anytime.  Taiko is close to the office and is always a good fallback option but make no mistake, it is better than just a fallback.  Huge menu offering the gamut of Japanese specialties including sashimi, sushi (complete with American influence rolls), noodles of all kinds, yakitori.  You name it, they have it, and at surprisingly good standards too!


After a lot of meat on the trip, I chose the seafood udon (after 15 mins of deliberation - I wanted to try everything!).  Extremely generous with seafood, it boasted 2 kinds of fish, salmon and a white fish, fish cake, mushrooms, spinach and cabbage, and topped off with a well done tempura prawn.  Broth was clear, healthy but tasty and was pure comfort food after a long day, and a cool evening at that.

This will definitely be a regular feature for me on work trips to LA!


2041 Rosecrans Ave
El SegundoCA 90245
Tel: +1 (310) 647-3100

No comments:

Post a Comment