Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hong Kong - Zeffirino Ristorante

Zeffirino's has been around a while - I haven't been back in a number of years.  The decor is the same - tall ceilings, great views overlooking Causeway Bay, but just a tad tired.  But the comfy chairs, and the nice generous space is a nice place to enjoy quiet conversation (the live singer isn't bad and her rendition is not so that it's in your face).  

I was still in a bind - tummy wise - and advised by the doctor not to push it.  But I still stuck to signature dishes, which coincidentally features their house special pesto.


The Ministrone soup turned up green, laced with the pesto, and was surprisingly comforting and tasty.  Carefully executed to not take into much oil from the pesto, it was a nice vegetable based stock and garnished with a little crouton over the top.


My pasta as a "paffurello" (maybe puff in Italian) was a delicious ravioli stuffed with mixed meat in a pesto cream sauce.  The pesto cream was slightly on the creamy side and I would have preferred a little more of the pesto to come through instead of being engulfed in cream.  But overall, pleasant and the rolled parmesan crisp over the top was a very nice touch.


My tiramisu was prettily served in a martini glass but I would have fancied more lady's fingers soaked in coffee.  The mascarpone was delightful but was a bit too much after my pesto cream.  But if you like your cheese and cream, this one's for you.

31/F, Regal Hongkong Hotel
88 Yee Wo Street
Causeway Bay
Hong Kong
Tel: +852-2837 1799

No comments:

Post a Comment