Friday, February 12, 2010

Singapore - Ah Kow Mushroom Minced Pork Mee

I don't crave hawker food when I am away..  but the flight to Singapore tends to set me thinking about how to make the most of my visits - gastronomically that is.  Sometimes I want to hit the new joints and see if the new kids on the block are lifting the game, and sometimes, I get nostalgic and just want to hit my old favourite hawker haunts.  Seeing that I took a morning flight this time, I stepped off the plane in time for a late lunch.  So off loaded luggage, hop into car, and off I drove to Hong Lim Centre.


This is one of the better ones around town.  Not as famous as Tai Wah but this is my choice comfort bowl of bak chor mee (minced meat noodles).  Ah Kow wasn't around so the stand-in's ratio of vinegar to oil and soy sauce wasn't as precise but it was still pretty darn satisfying.  Noodles still al dente and generous amounts of minced pork, 2 dumplings and stewed mushrooms made for a good first meal back home.

531A Upper Cross Street
#02-43 Hong Lim Food Centre

Singapore 

No comments:

Post a Comment