Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happiness is..

cooking and eating at home..

Don't get me wrong, I love trying new restaurants, and eating at great ones who've withstood the test of time and fads but now and then, I love the simplicity of home cooked food. The heartiness of the food come from the love gone into cooking it. Contrary to popular belief, you don't need a lot of salt, msg nor oil to make a dish good.

Of course, the greatness is any true Cantonese household is the soup.. the one with the chock full of ingredients which has been boiling for eternity - ah, the rich blend of everything thrown into the pot, converging into a taste that's out of this world. And the best thing is: it's supposed to be good for you!

So hopefully, I have time and energy to continue to make these meals. Maybe if I get better at it, I will start sharing pics and recipes. For now, I will keep at it and find more guinea pigs to try my creations on, but if not, I will be visiting with mom and grandma even more often..

Either way, I know my health will benefit greatly!

No comments:

Post a Comment