Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Singapore - Kuriya @ Raffles City


Ladies who lunch know how to live life.. taking time out of a work day to tuck into something meaningful and delicious is a definite "pick me up" .. you don't need caffeine/sugar necessarily although those help. Last week I "lunched" quite a bit.

Kuriya at the Basement 1 of Raffles City was one of the spots I hit and while I've had lunch there many times before, it was "ok". But this time, I had a very pleasant surprise, perhaps made that much better by my new found foodie lunch companion - J.


The captain recommended the Sanma (Pacific Saury) while walking me to my table, and I gladly took her suggestion since it is one of my favourite fishies! J in turn took my suggestion of having the fish done 2 ways - one half sashimied, and one half grilled. The fish was very very fresh, and so sashimi worked out well. The grilled half was perfectly done with the belly portion still soft and runny on the inside, so that the flesh of the fish was cottony soft.


The other highlight was the soba (made in house - a Kuriya specialty) served chilled with generous slices of duck breast, and a soft runny egg. Mixed into the soba soya sauce and thinly sliced spring onions, a perfect burst of flavours.

Going back to work wasn't so difficult either since lunch was pretty healthy and light, but hearty enough to see me through a workout later that afternoon. Now that's a great ladies' lunch!



252, North Bridge Road
Raffles City Shopping Centre, #B1-06/07
6883 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment